Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Toss Bouquet - Check!

Making a toss bouquet was next on my list of to-do's. I plan to preserve my bouquet, so I didn't want to toss it during the bouquet toss. So I decided to just make a simple toss bouquet to throw instead. I went to Hobby Lobby last week, and all of their floral products were marked 50% off. So I bought 6 silk gerber daisies, floral tape and floral wire, and everything cost me about $8.00.



Materials Needed:

  • Silk flowers
  • Floral tape
  • Floral wire
  • Scissors/Wire cutters
  • Ribbon (optional)
  • Glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
Directions
  1. Cut your stems to your desired length.
  2. Begin with two silk flowers and bunch them together. Wrap them together with floral wire. You don't need a lot of wire, just enough to wrap the wire around the stems once.
  3. Add two more flowers, and wrap again.
  4. Add the final two flowers and wrap with floral wire again.

Sure it looks like a mess, but it'll be covered. 
     5.  With your floral tape, begin wrapping your stems with the tape at the top and work your way down. As I was doing this, I decided to slide off the floral wire as I went along.
     6. Once your stems are wrapped, choose a ribbon of your choice to wrap the stems with. Once again, begin at the top with the wrapping and work your way down. Once you reach the end, the ribbon obviously doesn't have any way of staying put unless you manually attached it. I decided to use a small dab of hot glue with my hot glue gun to make it stay put. And voila!..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...